Generally, no. If you only have a cafeteria plan, you are not required to file Form 5500 or Schedule F. However, if you have a welfare benefit plan, you may be required under Department of Labor regulations to file a return for that plan. Please see the Form 5500 Instructions or contact the U.S. Department of Labor for more information. Assistance is also available from our Customer Account Services office.

Is there a filing requirement for a cafeteria plan?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.